Group Project "Hillbilly Reunion"

This group project is open to members of the Woodcarving Illustrated magazines Message Board. It is a project that will result in a scene(s) composed of wood carvings by members of the Message Board.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Project Launch Data

Seems like we have a launch. And it seems like it's time (maybe past time) for some more details. I have been reading all posts and noted all ideas that have been mentioned. I hope the following details reflect these ideas and suggestions. I think we have to continue to be flexible and open to new ideas as we move along. We can make any further adjustments as we go.

To move this project forward here's what I propose:

1. Those WCI Message Board Members who want to participate post on the message board a description of what they want to carve. If you have an idea of a smaller drama within a scene, you should describe it. If you will carve the whole "drama" say so, or if there are parts that someone else can carve, say so.

2. I'll keep track of what's being carved and by whom. I'll do this on this Blog.

3. Folks should check the Blog for these listings, and see if there is a part of a scene that they would want to carve.

4. After posting what you are carving (on the WCI Message Board), complete the carving, sign it and send it to me along with the following written information:
Your name
E Mail address
If your carving is part of a little drama/scene

***You'll have PM me for my address. Sorry, but I didn't put the correct change into a toll basket on the OK toll road, and they may be after me. No sense telling them where I am.

5. At this point, if you wish to post your finished carving on the Message Board, go for it. This will only generate more interest.

6. I will collect the carvings, and photograph them for the record.
After accumulating some carvings we can attempt to place them into any scenes, or little dramas within scenes. A determination of additional pieces needed to complete a scene will be made.

7. A listing of these additional needs will be posted, and perhaps some "invitations" to carve them will be sent.

8. At this point I think we can begin to finalize the plans and begin the actual construction of the scene elements.

Lots are asking about a "deadline", but since we are going to be working to develop several scenes, there may have to be several deadlines as we move forward. How about setting a first deadline for the end of April??

Any Comments, additional things you want considered?

No comments:

Post a Comment