Group Project "Hillbilly Reunion"

This group project is open to members of the Woodcarving Illustrated magazines Message Board. It is a project that will result in a scene(s) composed of wood carvings by members of the Message Board.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

How's The Carving Coming?

Some of the participants have shared their progress regarding their carvings for the "Hillbilly Reunion" group project. Use the comments section here to share your comments and progress. Should you have a photo of your progress, or completed carving that you want to share, just let me know (or send it to me in an e mail).

3 comments:

  1. My progress consists of having carved, but not yet painted nor photographed, one each of a shovel, rake, pitch fork, broom, oaken bucket, cracker barrel, bath tub (outdoor water trough), and hand pumped water spout. I am working on a ‘platform’ of planks so that the hand pump can be mounted on something to keep it upright. After it is completed, I will start my painting. And then take a picture of them for you to see what’s coming.

    Is there anything else that we need? I don’t see anyone making tables or benches for them. Can I help with those? I’ve been thinking about adding a wheel barrow. Would that be helpful?

    On a practical note, would the scene artisans be willing to do some assembly? I am concerned about things being broken in transit. (This would only be minor stuff like gluing the hand pump to the platform, for example.)

    LMiller

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have finished two hound dogs, I posted a pic of them on the message board under the group project thread. Hope ya'll like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom:
    Check your email. I just sent you a photo of my blue tick hound puppy barking at a skunk...

    Claude

    ReplyDelete