Just a few more weeks until we take a serious look at the carvings received for the "Hillbilly Reunion" scene. The main purpose of this "look-see" will be to determine two things:
1. Type and size of scene/display needed to support the carvings,
2. Additional carvings to request,
3. Background panels to be designed and carved.
The quality of the carvings received so far is outstanding. We have received carvings from very experienced carvers and beginners alike. Whether the carving is a banjo player or a moon shine jug; both are exceptional. This display will represent the talents of all members of the WCI Forum.
PRELIMINARY TIME LINE (first go round)
1. Carvings received (end of April 2010)
2. Carvings cataloged (photo + description, carver), (2nd week May)
3. Photos and sizes sent to Goody and Thomp (2nd week May)
4. Received carvings studied to determine scene specs and additional carvings necessary. (3rd week May)
5. Request specific, additional carvings (3rd week May)
6. Scene and display structures determined and planned.
7. Background panels planned and begin to carve.
8. Scene and display structures built.